Ravens’ Rashod Bateman faces domestic charges for alleged attack on car carrying ex-girlfriend and their baby

Ravens’ Rashod Bateman faces domestic charges for alleged attack on car carrying ex-girlfriend and their baby

Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Rashod Bateman turned himself in to police and faces three domestic violence charges in connection to a June incident in which he allegedly attacked his ex-girlfriend’s car while she had their newborn on board.

The details of the incident, first reported by TMZ, remain sketchy, but documents say the player entering his sixth NFL season allegedly smashed the glass of his girlfriend’s car while their three-month-old child was inside.

The victim, whose name was not immediately available, told police that Bateman used a blunt object to break the windshield and driver’s side windows of her 2021 Mercedes-Benz.

NFL PUTS ‘INSPIRE CHANGE’ AND ‘CHOOSE LOVE’ ON FIELDS BUT NOT SO AGGRESSIVE ABOUT ITS DOMESTIC ABUSE ISSUES

When the glass shattered, it allegedly caused multiple small lacerations and contusions to the alleged victim’s face.

The couple’s child was sitting in a baby seat in the back row.

Bateman, 26, was charged with battery-family violence, reckless conduct and first-degree criminal damage to property. He turned himself in to police immediately following the incident.

The incident was not public until TMZ’s report on Friday. The Ravens then released a statement about their starting wide receiver.

“We are aware of the situation involving Rashod and have been in direct communication with him,” the statement reads. “We notified the league office and have been cooperating throughout the process.

“As this is a pending legal matter, we will not have further comment.”

It is unclear at what point the Ravens became aware of this incident. It happened on June 3.

The Ravens opened their 2026 training camp the last week of July, with the first day of practice coming on July 29. Bateman was present and has remained so since then.

BRONCOS STAR SPEAKS OUT FOLLOWING DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ARREST, FIRES OFF AN APOLOGY

Indeed, Baltimore quarterback Lamar Jackson told reporters he was happy to have one of the team’s top receivers “back on the field.”

So the question is: Did Bateman keep the arrest secret as he was with the team at the opening of camp last month, or did the club know and simply let him practice as if no legal matter was pending?

Bateman in June 2025 signed a three-year, $36.75 million with Baltimore that includes $20 million in guaranteed money.

Bateman originally was told to have no contact with his baby’s mother. But later he asked the court to remove the no-contact order when the mother agreed.

The court signed off on the request, per TMZ, though Bateman was ordered to complete a training class aimed at preventing violent contact.

The NFL, by the way, has had a considerable number of domestic violence incidents, arrests and court hearings during the 2026 offseason.

Bateman’s legal team released a statement that reads in part, “We will let the process play out and the fact will come out at that time.”

FOLLOW ARMANDO SALGUERO ON X: @ARMANDOSALGUERO

​ ​ ​Latest & Breaking News on Fox News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *